If you are looking forward to applying for Canadian PR via the Express Entry System, you should have a solid overall understanding of what Canada’s PR requirements are. Then you will be able to go ahead and proceed with your application and receive positive results at the end of the day. You should also be mindful of this when you are going through the Provincial Nominee Program.
The Express Entry System
According to the Express Entry System, there are 347 different eligible occupations, which are linked with minimum entry criteria. If you are a person who belongs to any of these eligible occupations, you will be able to go ahead and express your interest. For that, you will have to submit an online application.
According to the application that you submit, you can earn a certain number of points. You can use a Canada Express Entry Points Calculator to exactly determine what your total number of points would be. In fact, you will be awarded points based on your work experience, educational qualifications, age, and all other factors that you include in the online form. Depending on the total number of points that you earn, you will be placed with a position in the comprehensive ranking system.
Only the highest-ranked candidates in this ranking system will be able to receive an invitation. They are selected by the Canada express entry draws. These draws take place in several weeks. If you are selected, you will need to go ahead and submit the completed application within a period of 90 days.
If you are a federal skilled worker with suitable work experience, suitable education, language abilities, and age, you will be able to apply for the federal immigration program. Here are the Canada PR requirements that you can find in the immigration program. You need to have a solid understanding of these requirements before you move forward.
- You need to be equipped with at least one year of work experience. This should be full-time work experience. Or else, you must have worked for a part-time job for the equivalent number of hours. The employment should be within the past 10 years as well. In addition to that, you must have worked for a job that falls under 347 eligible occupations that are listed. This occupation list is managed by the National Occupational Classification System. The list is being updated from time to time and you are encouraged to keep updated with it.
- The work experience you have should be classified within managerial occupations, professional occupations, and skilled trades and technical occupations.
- You need to score enough points under the point grid of skilled workers. It is made out of six different factors. As of now, the pass mark here is 67 points.
- You need to go through a language testing from an accredited third-party entity. Some examples of language skill certifying entities include TOFEL and IELTS. You will have to get your English, or French or both language skills tested.
- You need to have enough funding to support your settlement in Canada.
- You need to go through a proper medical examination.
- You should also go through a successful background check.
The qualified applicants will be evaluated according to six different factors. These factors would determine their eligibility that they have to proceed with immigration and settle down in Canada. You need to obtain at least 67 points out of 100 points to make sure that you are qualified.
Here is a list of the six factors, where you will be evaluated.
Depending on your educational qualifications, you will be provided with a higher score. If you have a Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree, you can earn higher points. The highest number of points will be offered to a person with a Ph.D.
If you are fluent in English and French, you will be provided with a maximum number of points.
3. Employment Experience
You can earn points depending on the years of experience that you have.
If your age is between 25 to 32, you can earn the highest number of points.
5. Arranged employment
People who have a job offer in Canada can go for higher points.
If you can showcase that you have the ability to adapt according to the Canadian environment quickly, you can secure a higher number of points as well.
You can take a look at these requirements and see if you are qualified. Then you will be able to proceed to the next step with applications. It can deliver an enhanced experience to you at the end of the day.
We are the best Canadian immigration experts to simplify your immigration process email us at [email protected] or call 1-833-789-1845. Our consultants will contact you and brief you with every minute that will help you move your base to Canada.